Seminar Update – Jacqueline Thomas31.03.17
Preparing for Finding of Fact Hearings – A Guide for Family Lawyers
by Jacqueline Thomas via MBL.
In cases where serious findings are sought the medical and expert evidence can be vital in resolving the issues.
This course is aimed at all family lawyers who represent parents and children in public law proceedings, particularly those who face allegations of serious inflicted injuries.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Principles of the law governing the instruction of experts;
- Guidance on making successful applications for the appropriate expertise;
- The Practice Directions concerning bundles and applications;
- How to navigate the requirements of early case management requirements;
- When is a finding of fact hearing required or likely to be permitted by the Court?;
- A review of recent case law relating to vitamin D deficiency and genetic issues;
- The role of the unknown aetiology in medical cases;
- How to gather the evidence in order to make the most effective use of expert and medical reports, including guidance on paper preparation.
To book, please visit MBL Seminars